The Scottish Trade Union Council (STUC) have funded our work with trade unions and employers through the Scottish Union Learning Fund and this has enable us to work in partnership with other trade unions to deliver workplace learning across a number of industries.
in 2017-2018, we have worked in partnership with USDAW, UNISON, Prospect, CWU, PCS, POA, EIS and Community.
Some examples of the courses the WEA can provide are:
- Outline of Employability Skills
- Report Writing Skills
- Basic IT
- Dyslexia Awareness
- Workplace ESOL
- Language Awareness Training for Frontline Staff
- Preparation for Adult Apprentice Skills Test
- Word and Excel Intermediate
- Reminiscence Skills for Care
- Confident Care Plans and Case Notes
- Preparing to study for SVQ
Courses range from half or one day sessions like Dyslexia Awareness or a 3 day Employability Skills course, through to 40 hours accredited Basic ICT SCQF level 4.
We also deliver courses which embed adult literacy, numeracy and ICT skills such as our work with the STUC and CWU on Screenwriting Courses in Glasgow.