Lisa is a typical WEA success story.
In 2009 she was a full time mum and lacking in confidence. Entry level WEA courses eventually led to a degree from Ruskin College, employment and active membership of the WEA as Branch Chair. Learning is a lifelong process. By becoming a member you can join our transformational educational movement and add weight to the WEA's voice.
Why become a member?
Since we were founded in 1903, the WEA has always campaigned to raise awareness of how adult education can transform individuals and society. Our members support this mission and help make us heard where it matters most. In return, they feel inspired and connected within our vibrant movement.
As a WEA member you can ...
- Show your support for a movement that has championed the importance of high quality adult education for over 100 years.
- Have your say in how the WEA is run and what we offer. Members are encouraged to have a voice. Your views will shape the WEA and the future of adult education in the UK - through actively participating in your community and beyond.
- Get involved. As a member, you’ll be connected to your local branch or group where you can volunteer and attend local events, if you wish. Find new friends and bring along old ones!
Become a WEA member
If you are committed to supporting our mission of transforming lives, communities and your society through adult education, join our membership today.
For your £15 annual membership fee* you will receive:
- monthly e-newsletters
- access to an exclusive members online account
- a membership card and
- our new member-led Highway magazine delivered to your door twice a year.
Members are also welcome for free at some local meetings and events – including our members’ annual conference.
The application process is very simple. You can apply and pay online or by post. If paying by post, please download and complete the form and send it along with a cheque to the membership team. If you decide to set up a direct debit, you can also download the form from the link below, which reduces our administration costs, and post it to us, or simply get in touch with our membership team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Are you under 25 or a current WEA volunteer? Do you receive means-tested benefit? Then you get free membership with the WEA. Apply online and select the free membership, if applicable.